- Trial statusRecruiting
- Study email contactHOPE-HF@imperial.ac.uk
- Chief InvestigatorDr Zachary Whinnett
- Project managerMyril Mariveles
- SponsorImperial College Academic Health Science Centre
- ISRCTN numberISRCTN86179285
AV optimisation delivered with direct His bundle pacing, in patients with heart failure, long PR without left bundle branch block: randomised multi-centre clinical outcome study.
Design and Objective
This is a multi-centre, prospective randomised double-blinded cross over study, recruiting a sub-population of patients with heart failure. All patients will be implanted with a Pacemaker with one of the leads positioned on the His bundle and after two months will be randomised to six month treatment periods in each of the following two states (1) No pacing; (2) AV optimised direct His-bundle pacing.
Key inclusion criteria
• Aged 18 or above • Ventricular Ejection Fraction (EF) < 35% • New York Heart Association (NYHA) class II-IV • PR interval ≥200ms • Narrow QRS duration (≤140ms) or prolonged QRS duration with typical Right Bundle Branch Block (RBBB) morphology on 12 lead ECG and sinus rhythm